For over 10 years AmFirst has stood strong, stable and secure in both good and difficult economic times, ready to meet the needs of its policyholders. AmFirst continues to make outstanding strides in the supplemental market and has increased market share year after year. We are excited about what our future holds and look forward to continuing to serve our policy holders with superior customer service.
AmFirst Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of AmFirst Holdings, Inc., as shown here in this organizational chart.
AmFirst is committed to providing our customers, brokers, and business partners with innovative insurance products and creative ideas backed by superior personal service and cutting edge technology, which together allow us to provide valuable and affordable healthcare solutions for everyone.
Honesty, integrity, optimism, and politeness will form the basis of our dealings with our clients, brokers, staff, and business partners. We have a long-term commitment to this mission and it will not be changed unless it can be improved.
- The Company News section contains press-releases and important announcements.
- The Financial Highlights section includes company financial data since 2006.
- A list of our Board of Directors is in the sidebar to the left.
AmFirst is committed to having a dominant presence in its community. Through dedication and community partners AmFirst is making quite an impact. Several projects that AmFirst participates in yearly are listed below.
Each Christmas, AmFirst and Morgan White Group team up to play Santa Clause, providing presents for children at Camden Elementary located in rural Mississippi. AmFirst feels enriching the lives of children is one of the most valuable contributions it can make.
AmFirst and MWG have also teamed up to sponsor several events at Fusion Coffeehouse, located at the Township in Ridgeland, Mississippi. These events take place throughout the year and provide a great place to be able to relax, listen to incredible jazz musicians, and enjoy one of Fusion's signature drinks. You can visit the Fusion website to track the next jazz show.
- On May 30, 2018, operations began in the new Morgan White Group corporate headquarters in Ridgeland, MS.
- AmFirst Insurance Company was approved in the state of California on April 3, 2017 to sell disability insurance, which includes all types of health insurance.
- On June 8, 2017, A.M. Best affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of “a-” of AmFirst Insurance Company (AmFirst) (Oklahoma City, OK) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York (Monitor Life) (Utica, NY). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) remains stable.
- Additionally, A.M. Best also affirmed the FSR of B++ (Good) and the Long-Term ICR of “bbb+” of TPM Life Insurance Company (TPM) (Lancaster, PA), a wholly owned subsidiary of AmFirst Insurance Company.
- AFS Service Company was formed in Puerto Rico on August 7, 2017 to provide customer service and sales support to both our domestic and international insurance clients.
- AmFirst Insurance Company was approved in the state of Hawaii on August 8, 2017 to sell life insurance and disability insurance, which includes all types of health insurance.
- AmFirst Life Insurance Company, I.I., formerly AmFirst Ltd., was formed in Puerto Rico in September to provide life, dental, vision, disability, medical, savings, and investment opportunities to policyholders in Latin America, Asia, and the Caribbean. AmFirst Life received its license on December 5, 2017.
- "A" Rating from A.M. Best: May 23rd, 2016, AmFirst Insurance Company, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York, received rating upgrades from A.M. Best. A.M. Best upgraded the financial strength rating to A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit ratings to “a-” of AmFirst Insurance Company (AmFirst) (Oklahoma City, OK) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York (Monitor Life) (Utica, NY). The outlook for each rating is stable.
- In addition, A.M. Best assigned the financial strength rating of B++ (Good) and the issuer credit ratings of “bbb+” to TPM Life Insurance Company (TPM) (Lancaster, PA), a wholly owned subsidiary of AmFirst. The outlook assigned to each rating is stable.
- December 2016, MWG International, a Coverholder of Lloyd's, London, opened an office in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This will be the second Caribbean office for MWG International. The first, which opened in 2015, is shared with New Providence Life Insurance Company, located in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Purchase of new corporate headquarters in Ridgeland, Ms. Renovation expected to be complete in 2018.
- Our close insurance partner, AmFirst Insurance Company, acquired New Providence Life (Nassau, Bahamas) and TPM Life (Lancaster, PA)
- 2015, AmFirst Insurance Company, an Oklahoma domiciled insurance company with administrative offices located in Jackson, Mississippi has announced its acquisition of 100% of the common stock of TPM Life Insurance Company of Lancaster, PA.
- A.M. Best has upgraded the financial strength rating (FSR) to A- (Excellent) from B+++ (Good) and the issuer credit ratings (ICR) to A- from bbb+ of AmFirst Insurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Monitor Life Insurance Company of New York (Utica, NY). A.M. Best has also assigned the FSR of B++ (Good) and the ICR of bbb+ to TPM Life Insurance Company (Lancaster, PA). View Press Release
- AmFirst Insurance Company and Monitor Life Insurance Company acquired a B++ (Good) rating from A.M. Best, the internationally recognized insurance rating firm.
- AmFirst Holdings, Inc. now owns 4 Insurance companies domiciled outside of the U.S. and 2 domiciled inside the U.S.
- AmFirst Insurance Company entered into agreement to purchase New Providence Life Insurance Company, Limited, domiciled in Nassau, The Commonwealth of the Bahamas, effective January 1, 2014.